Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Señor Trailer Reviews: X-Men Days of Future Past Official Trailer 2


If you have yet to check out this trailer: DO IT NOW!

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't particularly super excited for this movie. I was excited, but not so much. However, after seeing this second trailer released just a few days ago... man, oh, man, I'm really looking forward to May, 23.

We get some great action shots of our favorite heroes, as well clear looks at the Sentinals. And do we even see storm die? Most speculation on the internet is that this happens early on into the film, and is one of the many, many reasons why our favorite X-man, Wolverine, must go back in time to change the present.

The big question on everyone's mind, however: will this result in a change to the actual universe, or to a split time universe? Along with time-travel movies comes a slew of questions of how time is affected in that particular movie's universe.

Nonetheless, it is great seeing both Xavier and Magneto back at it again, making the trailer even more epic with their voice overs.

The post apocalyptic world that is being created does look a bit too much like a set, and some special effects aren't really up to the standards we've been spoiled with today. Hopefully they are cleaned up in the editing room. One other thing I've noticed, and which I hope doesn't happen: it seems as though the older Xavier and Magneto spend their time in the film in what looks like a stone temple. I hope they have other things to do in the film besides talking to each other while waiting for Wolverine to come back to the present.

One thing I sure do love about his trailer, however: Michael Fassbender as Magneto. He looks like he is killing it in this movie and really complimenting Ian McKellen's Magneto. His character is by far the one I'm most looking forward to watching.

So are you excited for X-men: Days of Future Past? I sure am.



This has been SeñorMovie, I'll see you at the theater!



No comments:

Post a Comment