Thursday, March 27, 2014

Señor Movie Trailer Review: Jupiter Ascending Official Trailer 2


Jupiter Ascending, starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis, looks.... interesting?

So from the trailers we can pick up that Mila Kunis' character is galactic royalty, and Channing Tatum is protecting her from those who want to kill her. We are also informed that there is a much bigger machine in motion outside of Earth. Queue the space special effects and classic Wachowski visuals.

If there's anything that will make me buy a ticket for this film, based on the trailers, it'll be the visuals. While the story does seem interesting, I'm taken out every time I see Mila Kunis on screen. Don't get me wrong, I like Mila Kunis and I think she's a good actress; I just don't see her fitting this role. Something just doesn't seem right, but I can't quite put my finger on it, yet. Channing Tatum, however, I can see pulling off his character. I like that they aren't playing off his good looks, but more his physical capabilities.

I do have to say, though, that those flying shoe things would be so cool to have.

One question I always have when it comes to these space stories, though: why does it seem like the whole universe knows English? I'd like to see a movie that has a good explanation for this. Maybe Jupiter Ascending will give me an answer.

So I'm on the fence about Jupiter Ascending, will you be there July 18 to watch it?



This has been SeñorMovie, I'll see you at the theater!

Make sure to follow me on Twitter, @SenorMovie and Like my Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment