Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Señor Movie Trailer Review: The Drop


The Drop follows Brooklyn bartender Bob Saginowski (Tom Hardy) as he funnels money through his bar for local gangsters. As shown in the trailer, things go south when his bar is the victim of a robbery and Saginowski now finds himself in the middle of an investigation that involves those around him.

Being a fan of Tom Hardy, of course I had to check out this trailer, and I really like what I see. Hardy pulls out a Brooklyn accent and looks to be doing really well in this well.

This story is also incredibly intriguing. Usually, these kind of movies deal with either the cops or the gangsters. However, The Drop seems to want to focus on the middle man of the gangster world operations. I like this approach to a classic genre of film, as it can tell the story of the 'every man', in this case, Tom Hardy's character, and the consequences of doing what he does.

A particular theme I enjoy about the trailer is the way of treating people, and how you are treated. Hardy's character brings up how being tough is not enough, and Gandolfini's character talks about being respected in his heyday. I'm looking forward to see how this plays out throughout the course of the film.

Of course, this is also James Gandolfini's final performance on film before passing away. I'm glad that his final film brings him back to a genre similar to The Sopranos, where Gandolfini made a name for himself.

As fan of this type of movie, I'm looking forward to September 19, when The Drop hits theaters.


This has been SeñorMovie, I'll see you at the theater! 

Make sure to follow me on Twitter, @SenorMovie and like my Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment