Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Señor Movie Trailer Reviews: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


 So the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are coming back to the big screen!

My thoughts? ---- Meh.

Now, don't get me wrong. I want this to be a good movie. I want to be drawn into the characters that are the Ninja Turtles, because I wasn't a fan of them as a child. I understand the appeal and I know about the turtles, but because I never grew up with them I'm not attached to them like other hardcore fans, so I'd like to be introduced into this world of fighting mutant turtles and want to stay there. I want to be blown away and see a property that has many fans appeal to them, and to mainstream audiences.

That said, this just looks like Transformers with the Ninja Turtles in place of the autobots. Sure, the action looks cool, and you have the exciting, adrenaline pumping music, but what else is there to latch onto in this trailer? Megan Fox looks exactly the same as in every other movie she is in, and the story sounds like it was taken from The Amazing Spider-man. The rest of the trailer is filled with action shots, quick cuts, and explosions.

Granted, it is the first trailer and it's setting the tone of the film, but until I see more of this film in trailers and clips, I'll maintain caution.

I guess the question now is: who will win the 'Michael Bay' battle? Transformers 4, or TMNT?

And will you be there August 8th to eat pizza with the Turtles?




This has been SeñorMovie, I'll see you at the theater!

 Make sure to follow me on Twitter, @SenorMovie and like my Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment